Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- 11:00am 1:00pm ( 11:00-13:00 )
- The Fort Collins Elks Club, 1424 E. Mulberry (HW14), Fort Collins, CO. Parking is available in the Elks Club parking lot.
Come join us for our monthly chapter meeting to discuss latest chapter news and benefit from the knowledge of our guest speaker.
Please RSVP to Doug Buffington at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, January 15, 2018, and let us know if you will be bringing any guests so we have an accurate meal count.
Lunch will be provided by the chapter and guests are welcome.
Topic- Houses of Worship Security
Specific topics that will be presented are as follows:
1. Church Incidents on November 5, 2017
2. Other recent incidents
3. Statistical Data
4. 3 Effective Techniques to Train Your Situational Awareness and Recognize Change – Kevin Reeves – OnPoint Tactical (Urban Escape and Evasion Class)
5. Obstacles to Situational Awareness
6. Techniques to Stay Aware
7. Situational Awareness Color Codes
8. John Boyd’s - OODA Loop
9. Run – Hide – Fight and why Move – Escape or Attack is Superior. (Lt. Col. Mike Wood)
10. Other recent events, not at houses of worship but soft targets.
Speaker- Mike Root
Bio- Mike brings a great depth of experience in law enforcement and security, and is currently serving as the Director of Safety and Security at the REZ Church in Loveland Colorado. He has also served as Chief of Police in two Colorado communities and is currently serving as a board member of the NOCOSWYO Christian Security Roundtable.